Specialty Homeowner’s Program
American Modern is your solution for owner occupied or seasonal properties in good condition that fall just outside of standard market underwriting guidelines. These restrictions could include loss history, protection class, value or age of the property, or credit score of the insured.
- 1-2 Family Residential Dwellings
- All protection classes eligible
- ACV loss settlement/Basic Form coverage
- Full Repair Cost settlement (no depreciation)/Broad Form coverage available by endorsement
- Up to 3 prior losses/3 prior years allowed
- Properties under the name of an LLC or Corporation are eligible
- Occasionally rented properties allowed via endorsement
- Mono line properties allowed
- Pools and vicious animals acceptable
With Chubb Insurance “It’s Not Just a House, It’s Your Home”
The Chubb Promise:
After a covered loss, we’ll rebuild or restore your home with the same character and class, using materials and workmanship of the very same quality. If costs go up, we’ll pay. If a covered loss exceeds your policy limit, we’ll keep paying. If your kitchen flooring was antique heart pine salvaged from an 1880s textile mill — that’s what we’ll pay for. We’ll pay extra for the right color and grade. Extended Replacement Cost Coverage is our commitment to pay what it takes, with no cap at all in most states. It’s the hallmark of Chubb’s homeowner policy.
That’s why we write coverage more broadly than ordinary insurers, to apply in more situations. We make settlement faster with less fine print. And we pay most covered claims within 48 hours of settlement.
With ordinary insurance, you can only be sure of one thing. Ordinary insurance stops paying. Policies may be strictly limited, with no regard for what happens next. When settling claims, ordinary insurers may substitute inferior quality for your home’s most distinctive features. If your limit is too low, ordinary insurance won’t pay all you need to rebuild after a total loss.
World-renowned claim service. Our highly-skilled claim service professionals are available 24/7 to respond quickly to a covered loss. Every effort is made to contact you within 6 hours of your report of loss, and in most cases we issue payment within 48 hours of a claim’s settlement.
Extended replacement cost. With Chubb’s Extended Replacement Cost coverage, we pay what it takes to have your home repaired or rebuilt — even if the cost exceeds your policy limit.*
Discounts. Chubb helps you minimize your costs without compromising your coverage — through multi-policy discounts and additional savings opportunities for loyalty and a loss-free history. Ask your agent for details.
Deductible Waiver. No deductible applies to covered losses greater than $50,000
Cash payment option. If rebuilding after a covered total loss doesn’t make sense for you — or you’d prefer to build somewhere else — you can choose cash up to your policy limit instead. The same applies when replacing a covered item that has been lost, stolen or damaged.
Water Backup of Sewers and Drains. Automatically included up to the full policy limits on the property and contents.
Expert home appraisals. Through our complimentary appraisal service, we help assess the proper amount of coverage for your home and family and offer personalized security and fire prevention advice to help keep you safe.
Temporary living expenses. When you can’t live in your home due to a covered loss or forced evacuation, we can help you find a comparable place to stay, and we’ll cover the increase in expenses until you can go home again (includes pet kenneling).
Rebuilding to code. If you choose to rebuild after a covered loss, we’ll pay the added expense to bring it up to the current code — including new plumbing and wiring, if that’s what’s needed.
Replacement value for contents. Insures your belongings for the amount it costs to replace them, without depreciation, up to your policy limit
Industry-leading coverage. We offer many industry-leading coverages and options, including family protection, which covers expenses for victims of kidnap and ransom, carjacking and other such crimes worldwide. Additional notable coverage options include Excess Liability limits as high as $50 million, and Primary and Excess Flood Insurance.
Complimentary services. Through the Masterpiece Protection Network, we can refer customers to pre-qualified service providers. Our Masterpiece HomeScanSM® uses infrared technology to proactively detect hidden hazards in the home. We also offer Chubb Wildfire Defense Services, emergency loss restoration services and curbside hurricane damage assessments in many states. Valuable identity theft coverage and services are also included with a Chubb homeowner’s policy.
Solid financial strength. Your home and possessions should be covered by a financially secure organization. Chubb receives consistently high ratings for financial strength from A.M. Best, Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s, the leading independent analyst for the insurance industry. The financial strength is currently rated A++ by A.M. Best, their highest rating.
Your home is not only one of your greatest assets, but the center of your life. And helping you protect it is important to Encompass. While the EncompassOne® Policy protects your home, car and treasured possessions under one policy, Encompass’ homeowners products offer high limits and premium features, which other carriers may exclude. Some Encompass homeowners policy features are:
200% property location limit
- Some homeowners policies place individual limits on your home, structures and contents. These limits are percentages based on the actual value of your home and cannot be combined if one limit is not enough to cover a specific loss. With our Elite and Deluxe homeowners coverage, limits are extended to 200% of your home’s value to cover your house, its contents and outlying structures—allowing you to allocate your limit as needed for any covered loss, whether the insured damage is repaired or replaced altogether.1
Enhanced replacement cost coverage
- We will help cover the expense if your home is affected by a covered loss and the cost to rebuild is more than the original insured amount.
Water backup protection
- Water backup damage can unexpectedly cause severe problems—claiming losses not only on your personal property, but also threatening your home. While some carriers exclude this coverage from home insurance policies, we automatically include it in our Elite homeowners coverage. Plus, it can easily be added to any of our other home policies.
Covered losses for structure and contents.
- Because it’s nearly impossible to consider all the risk factors you could face, our Elite homeowners policy covers many types of losses for not only your home structure, but your personal property as well.
Increased building costs.
- If you have to rebuild following a covered loss, you will be protected from increased reconstruction costs due to changes and updates in building ordinance codes.
Mortgage rate protection.
- If a covered total loss requires a new higher-rate mortgage, we will cover the increased expenses including closing costs, mortgage acquisition fees and more—up to a total of $20,000.
Personal injury protection.
- This is a critical component of homeowners coverage to protect you if you are sued for libel and slander.
Computer and data recovery coverage.
- Protects your personal computer hardware and software—including tablets, laptops, desktops and even includes data recovery.
Jewelry and fur replacement cost coverage.
- With no need for special riders or schedules, depending on your coverage level, we will insure a portion of your jewelry and fur, whether the items are lost or stolen.
QBE North America
FlexHome features an innovative suite of 6 different homeowner insurance products that allow you to tailor a homeowner policy with both value and flexibility to meet the needs of your clients:
- FlexHome Plus: A broad coverage policy that balances price and coverage (HO3).
- FlexHome Value: Less coverage at a reduced premium (HO3). Newly-married couples and empty nesters find value in this policy because they often have fewer belongings to insure.
- FlexHome Ultra: Designed for those who need more extensive property protection (HO5).
- FlexHome Condominium: This policy covers dwelling, personal property and liability for condominium owners.
- FlexHome Condominium Ultra: When FlexHome Condominium coverage is not enough, FlexHome Condominium Ultra provides the additional comprehensive coverage you need.
- FlexHome Renters: Offers personal property and liability coverage for renters.
- Many optional coverages available to help customize each policy, including:
- Assisted Living Care to protect loved ones living in an assisted living care facility
- Personal Security to help restore your good name in the event of ID fraud
- Student Away at School to cover liability/property hazards college students encounter
- High Value Items to increase basic coverage for jewelry, silverware, and more
Other ways to save! Several different discounts are available, including:
- Claims Free Discount
- Longevity Discount
- Newly Purchased Home Discount
- Professional Group Discount
- Residential Protection Systems
- Updated Home Discounts
- Coverage A up to $1.5 million available* (*varies by program and subject to $800k binding authority)
- Flexibility to change coverage amount for major coverages (i.e. Cov B as low as 2% of Cov A)
- Extended Replacement Cost options and Functional Replacement Cost option available
- Swimming Pools and Trampolines are eligible* (* subject to applicable underwriting guidelines)
- Up to 25 farm animals eligible* (* maximum of 2 horses)
Safeco’s Homeowners and Landlord Protection programs offer some of the top products and coverages for your customers in the industry.
Safeco also allows our agents great latitude and authority in quoting a variety of different types of risks, usually without needing underwriting pre-approval. But with great latitude, we also expect our agents to place customers with us who have potential to enjoy a responsible long-term relationship with your agency and Safeco. The following pages contain many procedural FAQs agents often ask us about.
While any customer may have that occasional mishap (and that’s what insurance is for, after all), both you and Safeco would want to enter into a relationship with someone who is responsible, takes care of themselves and their property, and pays their bills on time.
Travelers is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home, and business. Travelers was founded in 1853 making it one of the oldest insurance organizations in the U.S. and has consistently received outstanding ratings for financial strength.